About Me

My photo
Vancouver, The Best Place on Earth, Canada

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Vancouver Familiarization Week...



I had a fun week.

I was tasked to visit several well-known Vancouver tourist destinations between now and the end of May.

First, my friend and I went to the Vancouver Lookout. This is at the top of the Harbour Centre right in downtown Vancouver. We were lucky as we got there just before the sunset. The timing could not be better. The 360 view was just breath-taking!

On Saturday, we visited a few more. The Vancouver Aquarium tops my list. This is a popular place in Stanley Park. The weather was awesome yesterday and there were tourists and locals -including many of the young and the restless crowds!

The Vancouver Museum is a neat place. It helped me better know the history and development of the city. Did you know that at one time, one of the city's building was the highest structure in the Commonwealth World?

Then on Sunday, I had a wonderful opportunity to step into the new Convention Centre. It's a state of the art facility and it's open to the world! This image shows the view from inside the Convention Centre.